DONATE - EAT - EDUCATE
GIVE UP YOUR OIL FOR LENT
Donate your used cooking oil to ReFuel Pgh.
Collect used oil from home frying and food preparation and drop it off at one of our public collection bins.
Check out the ReFuel Pgh webpage to learn about proper & safe oil collection: www.refuelpgh.org.
Are you part of a church congregation holding a Fish Fry this year?
Your church can donate some or all of your used fish fry oil to ReFuel Pgh. We provide:
- Free pickup of your used fryer oil (*location based)
- Plastic jugs for collection
- Info for your church bulletin/website announcing your donation
- Environmentally responsible recycling of donated oil into a cleaner burning fuel
763 gallons of Lent oil collected in 2012!
Click here to see a full list of all the churches who donated their oil to ReFuel Pgh this Lent.
Eat at a Fish Fry with ReFuel Pgh.
Have dinner with us! In 2012 ReFuel Pgh teamed up with the Pittsburgh Lenten Fish Fry Society
in support of churches who were giving up their oil for Lent. We all ate together at a different
Fish Fry each Friday from February 24th - April 6th. Join us next year in support of waste oil recycling. The 2013 Lent season starts on February 13th. Visit the GTECH facebook page to stay updates on this and other ReFuel Pgh events throughout the year.
Educate others about waste oil recycling.
Let your community know how they can recycle oil from their home cooking. ReFuel Pgh can provide:
- Informative signage and education materials at your events
- Info for your news bulletin/website about oil recycling
Hold an oil collection drive at your church, school, or community organization.
Get everyone involved! It’s an easy way to promote community service. ReFuel Pgh can provide:
- A bin for parishioners to drop of containers of home collected cooking oil
- Informative signage and education materials
- Info for your news bulletin/website announcing the drive
- A report on how much oil was collected and its beneficial environmental impacts
For information about oil collection & the types of oil that ReFuel Pgh accepts, visit: www.refuelpgh.org
For a list of the church fish fries who are donating their oil to ReFuel Pgh, click here.
For more local fish fries, visit Pittsburgh Catholic Newspaper's list of Parish Fish Fries.
To listen to the Allegheny Front's radio spot about ReFuel Pgh's Lent oil collections, click here.